Jun 9, 2012

Quotable Quotes 2011


"And the "Miss USA is anorexic" posts begin! hahaha! All I can do is shrug and laugh it off. Definitely not having that convo again.. For the record, I am 100% healthy. I see doctors & I have a nutritionist that I work very close with. My super fast metabolism is genetic.." - Alyssa Campanella (Miss USA 2011) on anorexic issue

"I'm kind of excited but I'm a little but upset about giving away my crown. I didn't really think about it until this week when people have started asking me about, I think it will be really strange not being able to say that I'm Miss Universe Ireland anymore. It's strange that there will be a new girl tonight, it came by so quickly" - Rozanna Purcell (Miss Universe Ireland 2010) on handing over her crown

"I don't think you're born a beauty queen, you have to learn it" - Shamcey Supsup, Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner-up

"She was the only girl I didn't know very well. We didn't see her much; she was very discreet. She was often in jeans and not wearing makeup. We were all surprised by her win. Many girls made efforts that were not rewarded. I don't know, something is missing in her temperament. The fact that the competition was held in Brazil surely played a role." - Laury Thilleman (Miss France) on Miss Angola

"I picked Miss Angola to win. I’m not sure what the other judges did. As for why Shamcey didn’t win, it isn’t anything she did wrong. It’s just that taking overall impact into consideration, from where we were sitting, Leila Lopes was just above and beyond everyone else." - Lea Salonga, Miss Universe 2011 Celebrity Judge

"That I’m just a normal girl who dreams, who fights for what I believe. Yeah. I never give up even when people tell me that I can’t do something. But if I believe I can, I really fight for it." - Leila Lopes (Miss Universe 2011)

"Winning means everything to me and I hope to take advantage of being a winner in a productive manner. I’m unbelievably happy to have won and there are some incredible girls. I first and foremost want to help people in need. I would like to help people like me. I am an orphan. I would also like to help the elderly and troubled teenagers. As many people as I can.. Unfortunately I lost both my parents at a very young age which led me to study for five years in a nunnery. I spent my five years in there and my dream was to become a nun." - Ivian Sarcos (Miss World 2011)

"I own the Miss Universe pageant.. About four years ago, during what you call half-time, we always have an entertainer. We've had a lot of great people, and you don't pay them anything because it's one of the biggest audiences and my people told me, Nobody knows who she is, but there's this woman with good talent named Lady Gaga.. I said, I don't care ... if you like her, put her on. So we put her on ... it was live all over the United States and all over the world and the next day, nobody was talking about Miss Universe, everybody was talking, Who was the woman, who was the entertainer? She was unbelievable.. Maybe she became a star because I put her on the Miss Universe Pageant. It’s very possible, who knows what would have happened without it, because she caused a sensation. I really believe I had at least something to do with it.” - Donald Trump on Lady Gaga's success (Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again)

"People asked me why I stopped modeling when I was doing well. My answer, when you’re modeling, you do it for yourself. It’s a personal thing. But when you join Miss World Philippines, you represent your country. You’re an ambassador. You can help others in the causes you believe in." - Gwendoline Ruais (Miss World 2011 Ist Princess)

"I want to see from now on, from everyone, the girls and the public included…a more positive outlook. No matter what happens, we are all Miss Earth representatives and we are all responsible for what happens to this planet." - Nicole Kelley (Miss Earth USA 2011)

"I’m happy for the Filipinos. I shot for the moon and landed among the stars. Oh my God! This is not only for me, this is for every Filipino.. Let us continue dreaming because we can reach our dreams as long as we have faith in God." - Athena Imperial (Miss Earth-Water 2011)

"All of us deserve to win.. We are all here for a purpose and we have to continue working for it." - Olga Alava (Miss Earth 2011)

"I am a good sister, a loving daughter, and a sincere friend. I believe all three relationships have taught me to be the woman I am today, deserving to be Miss Universe 2011." - Deborah Priya Henry (Miss Universe Malaysia)

"My message when I get there is just that I want to be an inspiration to everyone and show you that no matter the hardships you’re facing, if you stay focused on your dreams and your goals, you can achieve them." - Blair Griffith (Miss Colorado USA)

"I am thrilled to have the opportunity to battle for a title in an entirely different competition. Miss USA is an incredible honor that’s provided invaluable experience which will undoubtedly help me as I push my performance and athletic skills to the limit. I look forward to learning if I have the mettle to make it in WWE." - Rima Fakih (Miss USA 2010)

"In the beginning, I wasn't sure if I looked good or not. Then I realized that wasn't the point. I wasn't supposed to look good, I had cancer.. It's painful to look at yourself in the mirror.. Your face gets swollen. You lose every single hair in your body, your eyebrows, your eyelashes. You become some weird animal or something. You don't recognize yourself. That was scary, especially because my job has to do with my looks. I had to look decent and not appear sick.. The pictures were very shocking because nobody had ever seen me that way. Nobody had seen me bald, without makeup. So I knew they would be shocking." - Eva Ekvall (Miss Universe Venezuela 2001)

1 comment:

A misty-eyed look at Armi Kuusela, the 1st Miss Universe

Armi Kuusela with Virgilio Hilario Fifty-four years ago today, a beautiful 17-year-old girl from Finland was crowned (by Hollywood act...